Thursday’s Special: Joy in the River

© irene waters 2015

© irene waters 2015

Canoes glide silently by

occupants resting,

barely paddling

No need as the tide comes in

Taking them silently, quickly

upstream.

They are oblivious

as the other occupants are oblivious

that they are not alone.

This is my home

Four ripples

four faces

balanced. Compatible.

This is in response to Thursdays Special. I read today Paula’s explanation as to why she has started this non-challenge on a Thursday in honour of Jupiter. I found it a fascinating article so if you have the time its worth a visit to read it.

For this Thursday’s Special (colour challenge) you are invited to post photos of something that reminds you of your place, but if you don’t have any, your are allowed to come up with your own special theme/interpretation. Please see Tish Farrel’s prompt.

jupiter-widget_text-e1395873810536

This entry was posted in Dogs, Noosa, photography and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

26 Responses to Thursday’s Special: Joy in the River

1. Paula says:

This shows a place when one can really feel safely at home. The tide takes care of all – no need for paddling – peace and joy is what your place says. Thank you for the verses, your idyllic captured scene and the shout out. Happy Thursday, Irene! And thank you for taking time to read my original TS post 😉

2. Pingback: Guest Challenge: Knowing your place (colour photo challenge) | Lost in Translation

3. Pingback: TS: Knowing your place (response to Guest challenge) | Lost in Translation

4. All beautiful and serene. A special place.

5. Suzanne says:

What a peaceful place – no wonder you feel at home here.

6. Tish Farrell says:

The words and photo do so convey your feelings of being ‘at home’, Irene. There’s a sense of a deep and contented ‘aaaaah’ at finding a place for peaceful respite, which it sounds as if you needed after the hectic-ness of your earlier enterprises.

What an easy place to paddle. But I think the dogs are having the most fun!

Peaceful! So does the tide carry canoes and back down the river? I might like that!

• As long as you are prepared for the tide to change direction. At the end of the river (not far from where we are) it turns into a huge lake. It is shallow and wild. An important breeding area for fish, birds and animals. Charli you would get lost there for days on end so you’d probably miss a few tides while you watch and ponder.

Oh Irene, I am so behind on visiting you but I know you understand why. I love this photo and your poem and explanation. Paula’s article sounds fascinating, I will go over and read it when I have a second. Lovely to come here and feel so calm… 🙂

• Glad you are feeling calm. I hope that means you got your piece off, the computer is doing what it is supposed to at the moment. You know I understand – I’ve been the same this year with visiting as I just have to prioritise my time and somethings just have to give. You are welcome whenever you have time for a wander. ❤ 🙂

• Sherri says:

Did you hear the sigh Irene? Perhaps before that you heard the screams (my turn now) all the way from Somerset, bouncing off the pier at Brighton over to way to Noosa. That was because when I finally went over to the competition’s website to submit it, I had a heck of a time with the formatting and hit delete by accident! Thankfully it gave me the option to cancel otherwise I would not have been able to submit it again!!!! I can feel the blood rushing out of my face just thinking of it! But yes…I did get it out and then I was so burnt out I didn’t touch my laptop again until today. And of course I’m way behind…again…ha! I do know you understand…and I thank you for it 🙂 Hope you had a lovely weekend, I had Nicky home which was just the tonic after such a stressful week. Hoping this week will be much better….and you have a great week too my friend 🙂 ❤

• Yes I heard the shout. Wow what a traumatic experience this has been. Now you can just sit back and relax and learn things at your leisure.
        I really have my head down at the moment and also struggling to keep up with everybody. I have to get my priorities right and deadlines (study stuff) has to take priority.
        glad you had a good weekend with Nicky home. Yes the week will be good for both of us. ❤ 🙂

• Sherri says:

Keeping to our priorities is vital, I’m learning that. I’ve caught up better than I hoped I would today and feeling better now. But it is such a learning curve isn’t it? Glad you are getting on with what you need to…but you are still doing great with your blogging 🙂 Thanks Irene…I thought you might have heard that shout 😮 😉 ❤

• Have a great week. A good way to start relaxed. 🙂 ❤