A Sign of Christmas: Floral Friday

IMG_2610

© irene waters 2015

IMG_2612

© irene waters 2015

IMG_2613

© irene waters 2015

This entry was posted in Floral Friday, photography and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

26 Responses to A Sign of Christmas: Floral Friday

1. Beautiful photos and amazing flowers Irene 😀

Beautiful, Irene! Happy days!
    What are the top flowers?
    Did you see my photo of native ginger on Twitter?

• They are all flowers from the poinciana tree. Seeing that flaming red from a distance you would never know that the inside of the flower hides these beautiful patterns and colours.
      Thanks to the pointer to your ginger. No I hadn’t seen it. I haven’t had time lately to even visit twitter as I’m struggling to get around word press. It is always next year….
      Your ginger is beautiful. I imagine it has totally opened now and the scent must be marvellous.

• Norah says:

I wondered if they were the poinciana flowers. I recognised the tree and flowers in the distant view. Makes me realise that I have never looked at the flowers close up. I must do that.
        The ginger plant is interesting. The flowers don’t all open at once. I had been waiting for them to do so before I took a photo, but then we discovered that they opened up in stages. I must go out and smell the ginger! It’s sometimes a struggle to even do that, let alone get around WordPress and Twitter! 🙂

• I know the feeling of having the time. As you can see by how late my response is I’m struggling also. You simply have to make the time to stop and smell the roses (but in your case make it the ginger.) I don’t know if it all has a scent but those that do it is glorious.
        The poinciana flowers come as a surprise to me also. From a distance (which is where you normally see them) they look solid red.They are sited at an angle that you don’t really get to look inside them.

• Norah says:

Beautiful all! From a distance, or up close. 🙂

3. angieoakley1 says:

Wonderful. I adore Poincianas. In The Bahamas they dedicate a month to them…”Poinciana June.” Nassau is on the same latitude as us but in the northern hemisphere. The first sight of them c1969 for this London girl was unforgettable!

4. gorgeous! There’s a whole street of poincianas not far from me, and another place that grows Christmas Bush commercially. I look forward to them every year..

Wow, what a display of green and red!

Beautiful Christmas colour…a bit different to ours, so lovely to see 🙂

7. Lovely rich red flowers

8. joannesisco says:

Not a sign of Christmas in my corner of the world. I like your version a lot better 🙂 Ours is rather dull and gray.

9. Beautiful, all, but I especially love the last one. Mysterious.