I am way behind on my acceptance of several awards that I am happy , no ecstatic to receive and I will be posting for them in the very near future. This award – The butterfly light award, nicknamed the disco flutterby award by Don Charisma – must have a post of its own.
And well it deserves its own post. This award was awarded to Don Charisma as a thank you from Belinda (the idiot writer) when Don Charisma helped fix her computer. That is the kind of guy Don Charisma is. A genuine gentleman who likes to help people out. His site is devoted to charisma – the art of being strong, wise and happy. When he passed on this award to me he certainly made me happy. If you don’t know Don Charisma his site is worth a visit as he has wonderful photography and interesting informative blogs. He certainly lives up to both the items that as an accepting nominee I have a choice of writing about one of them ie he spreads the light and he is a positive influence.
Conditions For Accepting The Award
I’m adding a couple of conditions for accepting the award :
1. You must write an acceptance post, making sure you link back to the blogger who awarded you and thank them. You MAY NOT lump this award in with a batch of other awards.
2. You must individually name and re-award to a minimum of 1 and a maximum of 9999999 bloggers. You must let them know either personally with a comment on their blog OR a pingback (I’d suggest their about page)
3. You must link back to Belinda’s blog either to http://idiotwriting.wordpress.com/2014/03/13/i-love-charismatic-geeks/ OR http://idiotwriting.wordpress.com/about/
4. You must write a short paragraph (yes only one paragraph – damn this is easy) – Entitled either “How I’m Spreading Light” OR “How I’m A Positive Influence”
5. Display Belinda’s lovely “Butterfly Light Award” badge on your blog.
Don said this paragraph was easy to write but for a Victorian era woman it is very difficult to say that I spread either the light or am a positive influence. I do try to show the beauty in everything that I write and photograph and I hope my positive outlook could be seen as spreading the light. I know that the more we get to know other folks from around the globe the more understanding we have of each other and we know that we are all the same with the same dreams, desires, hurts and aches. Blogging I believe does this as we get to know each others worlds.
I am nominating for this award
Congratulations on your award! How wonderful for you and so much deserved!
Thanks Deb. Much appreciate your kind words. Cheers Irene
Lovely, Irene and congratulations!
Congrats Irene, thanks for the lovely words and the feeling is mutual 😀
Thanks Don. Cheers Irene (a smiley face would follow but it doesn’t seem to be an option using google chrome)
Thank you so much Irene for nominating me for this beautiful award, I am truly honoured. Congratulations to you, I can’t think of a nicer person than you to receive it. You do indeed spread light and I know that this blogging world would be a much darker place without you. Time to celebrate..Cheers to you my dear friend … love Sherri 🙂
Congratulations Sherri. Yes time to celebrate indeed. I have a glass of bubbles in hand and am raising it to you. Mind you it is sparkling mineral water as it is only early morning here but the thought is there. Cheers Irene 😀
Haha! It’s the thought that counts Irene…cheers 🙂
Pingback: The Butterfly-Light Award | Unload and Unwind
Any week soon, I might actually get to this one. Congratulations on this award – you’re certainly a light in my life and I gratefully accept the baton from you xxx
Pingback: Spreading Butterfly Light | Lisa Reiter - Sharing the Story
Pingback: Anj Handa | Shiny, shimmering Butterfly Light
Pingback: Thank You ― My Last . . . Butterfly Light Award! | Plain Talk and Ordinary Wisdom