Another type of Treat

© irene waters 2015

© irene waters 2015

Our blogging community is huge – the entire world and most of those are in the northern hemisphere. Recently I met Angie from Spry and Retiring. I had seen her comment on Norah Colvin from Live love Laugh Learn – Create the possibilities. Norah I know I will meet one day but Angie came quite serendipitously. My husband Roger and her husband are golf partners. Just an amazing co-incidence.

© irene waters 2015

Today I got another treat. The daughter of a blogging pal NoelleGranger from Sayling Away dropped in on their way to Brisbane from Cairns. A quick holiday all the way from the States. It was lovely to meet Cameron and Nathan and learn of her aversion to the moths that Noelle supplied for Silence of the Lambs and much much more. The connections through blogging are like spider’s webs. They spread far and wide and living down under I don’t expect to meet too many of those that I know through blogging but  what a joy when I do.

© irene waters 2015

It was such a pleasure to take them to the lookout,

© irene waters 2015

and show them the kangaroos down the road from us

© irene waters 2015

and a quick trip around Hollywood and then our beautiful Noosa River. What a great couple of hours — just way too short.

This entry was posted in musings and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

22 Responses to Another type of Treat

Wow isn’t lovely to make those links. And breathtaking scenery

Dear Irene! I am soo happy you got to meet my kids! I’m sure they enjoyed their tour and I’m looking forward to hearing lots about it when they come home! Thanks so much for taking time to visit with them – of course I’m jealous that they got to meet you while Mom is back in the States!

3. Makes the world a smaller, friendlier place.

That’s amazing that your husband and Angie’s husband are golfing buddies. I recently noticed Angie’s blog in your blogroll and meant to ask you about it. I thought you must have known each other through your memoir writing. While I don’t think the book she has just published is memoir, I’m fairly sure she is writing about her family. However I could be shown to be incorrect. I met Angie at a writing seminar just over two years ago. I know it was then because the seminar was the one that helped me make the decision to blog. We haven’t met up since then but I do like to have a look at what she has written when she posts, which is reasonably infrequently compared to others. Thanks for the mention and link. 🙂 It’s interesting that WP hasn’t given me a pingback with the link. I thought it was meant to do that automatically with other WP sites. I’ll not have to rely on it doing so in future.

• Yes I thought it should give you a pingback. I don’t think Angie is writing about family but rather troubled children. Fiction but drawn on experiences from her teaching days.
      Yes it is quite amazing. Roger had been telling me for some time that his golfing partner was going to drop around for coffee. They live very close-by. Finally they did and we found we had more in common than golf.

• Norah says:

That’s wonderful. I think Angie has only moved up your way recently. Perhaps I misunderstood what Angie was writing about from our brief conversation. 🙂

• And then again I could have misunderstood it myself. her book launch is on the 5th and she has joined our book club and I think she may choose her book for her book choice but whether she does or not it is on my list to read. Geoff’s and Anne’s first though.

• Norah says:

That’s lovely. It sounds like you and Angie will make many connections. I’ve read Anne’s and am part the way through Geoff’s. Angie’s is on the list after that too. 🙂

5. Irene, this is wonderful. I love reading about bloggers meeting each other. I’m a bit envious but mostly just really happy for you. 🙂 It is like a web. (I either just wrote that in a post or a comment or have it planned for posting. Geez, I can’t even keep up with my own writing. That explains a lot.) Anyway, lovely opportunity and serendipity.

• Absolutely. i was quite jealous of the English connection get together so lovely to find one of my own. Hopefully will meet Norah one day as she is only an hour and a half away. What I really hope is that perhaps we will all meet up at carrot Ranch. What a hoot that would be. Unless we found that like me, everyone was so introverted, that we couldn’t manage to talk face to face. Actually I know that wouldn’t be the case — I think more likely that you couldn’t shut us up.

What wonderful threads wove your way! And that is a remarkable coincidence about your husband’s golfing buddy — rather unexpected!

Oh how lovely for you Irene, I am so glad for you that you got to meet such lovely blogging pals, and how serendipitious indeed! What an incredible world we live in, making such connections so unexpected. Wonderful treats indeed. There is just one thing though, I confess….I wish it had been me there visiting. I keep the hope alive in my heart that we will meet one day, and yes, wouldn’t it be great to meet up at Carrot Ranch. Let’s hold on to that…and keep walking in the meantime my friend 🙂 ❤